Sunday 16 February 2014

Greeting cards for weirdos!

I'm not the biggest fan of greeting cards. This is because most cards I have recieved are clichéd and impersonal.

Occasionally a card arrives usually from a close friend or family member that I love, and this one usually ends of being framed or staying on display on a shelf forever!

I decided I should create my own version of typical greeting cards and trialed a few samples at my Lulu Makes Things stalll at st George's Market last week. The response was insane!!

I had so many people laughing and bringing friends over to see my little creations! I have never felt so flattered! It was such a lovely response but being the socially awkward creature that I am, I pretty much looked like a tomato all day witj a big red face (or beamer to those from good old norn iron!).

This week I made a tonne more! I like making funny cards that are a bit weird haha! There are so many fellow weirdos out there just like me so I know things that amuse me will amuse them too!

Why give an ordinay greeting card when you can give a weird one! The one that's proved most popular so far is the cat in a cupcake hat with my drawing of a cat! Who knew I had such artistic talent Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment